CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS:
Emotive Fruition, a performance series where actors collaborate with poets to bring new poetry to life on stage, is seeking poetry submissions for its show at Caveat in NYC on Tuesday, February 12, 2019.
For this themed performance, and in celebration/speculation of Valentine’s Day, we are looking for published or unpublished poems that explore modern relationships. We are seeking personal poems that can function as a story, a confession, a revelation, a reflection, an elegy, a reckoning, a moment of desire, etc. We are interested in how a poem on the page can come to life on stage, with the voice of the poet coming through the voice of the actor.
After poems are selected and poets notified, we will hold one rehearsal (approximately 2.5 hours in duration) with poets and actors in Manhattan on Tuesday, February 5th in the evening. Because of the nature of the collaboration, you must be a poet living in the NYC area and able to travel to rehearsal on February 5 and the performance on February 12. Please follow the guidelines below and we look forward to reading your work!
1. Send a Microsoft Word document of up to 10 poems (no PDFs, please) to email@example.com.
2. Please title your attachment and the subject line of your email with LastName_Valentines_2019.
3. Provide your name and email address on each page of your attachment.
4. Please include a brief bio (that includes publication history) in the body of your email.
5. Deadline: January 2, 2019
This performance will be professionally video recorded and clips of the show will be shared extensively on our website and social media. Looking forward to reading your work!